Category: Outdoor Decor
If you have a home garden and it has not been professionally taken care of, then you are probably dreaming of doing some home landscaping with it. You certainly would want to improve or enhance its appearance for your enjoyment and so that you can showcase it to your friends and family.
If you want to have a great garden landscaping, you have to approach a qualified landscaper to help you with it. You must also have a plan so that you will know how or where to begin, instead of going through everything as if you are blindfolded.
These are some of the popular mistakes committed by most people. The problem always lies on their eagerness to immediately begin the landscaping process. Read more to find out the other landscaping mistakes.
1. No landscaping plan whatsoever.
Believe it or not but a lot of homeowners usually would think of their own landscaping ideas but seldom do any of them put them into writing. It is important to have a concrete plan to serve as a rough guide for you and the landscaper. You can write a description of each component that you want or if you know how to draw, sketch your idea.
2. Not having any theme.
Any professional garden landscaper worth his salt would say that a garden must have a working theme. It can be anything. It can be based on a color, cultural preference like a Japanese garden, or the type of materials to be used. Landscaping is an art and not just a simple construction or renovation project. It aims to create something beautiful out of something that is ordinary.
Recommended Read: 5 Tips for Outdoor Decorating
3. You do not always need a lawn.
That is not true. Just because a beautifully trimmed lawn has been the stereotypical image of a landscaped garden that does not mean you should have one too. You should have a lawn if your landscape idea calls for it. You should have a lawn if you have small children who would certainly love to run around and play. This goes with the same with the other components of a garden such as the flowers, water features, and pergolas. Every item should have a purpose and not just because most people also have them.
4. Do not forget the irrigation system.
All gardens contain plants, flowers, trees, and grasses or a combination of any these. Therefore to maintain their freshness they will have to be constantly watered. Failure to do so will result to a garden filled with dead leaves instead of vibrant flowers. If you can opt for an automatic irrigation system so you will always worry about watering your plants.
5. Failure to hire a qualified landscaper.
Any home landscape design will be a complete failure if it is not handled by an expert landscaper. Your home landscaping plan must be understood and approved by a landscaper for you to know if everything you want will work as you thought it will. You should also hire a really good landscaper especially if your plans are a bit too complicated to execute. These landscapers may charge a higher rate but their services will be worth it.
As seasons change from one to the next, the urge to decorate comes with it. Everyone loves changing up the look of the inside of their homes. But, have you ever considered doing the same outside? Typically we become so involved in interior work that we ignore the possibility of outdoor decorating. Outdoor decorating makes your home look good not just to use, but also to people simply passing by. These five tips can help you get started.
1. Paint. Depending on your needs, you might want to cover the whole house and its trim in paint or you might want to just touch up or change the color of the trim itself. Either option can make a huge difference in how your home looks from the outside.
2. Porch or Patio. If you don’t have a porch or patio, you might want to consider buying one if you can afford it. However, if you already do have one, it can be easy to spruce it up. Add some new furniture, or, if you like what you have, simply add some new cushions or covers to it. You can also set up flowers, gnomes or other statues, or a water fountain.
3. Walkways. If your walkway looks warm and inviting, it will have the same effect on your home. If you already have a plain, straight walkway, add solar walkway lights or some flowers to either side to make it more interesting. If you don’t have a walkway at all, consider one made of stones. Installing a new walkway also gives you the option of having it curve or wind a bit on the way to the door, which adds to its visual appeal.
4. Yard ornaments. A birdhouse, a lantern light, or even just flowers planted in a wheelbarrow can all be used to decorate outside the home. Match the items to your tastes and you will help give your yard a bit of your own personality. With these touches, you make it look different from every other home on the block.
5. Flowers, Plants, Vines & Bushes: One of the easiest and most popular ways to add color and life to your yard is to plant any of these options. This is a great time of year to buy annuals, which will grow quickly, but add some more green by planting perennials as well. These will pay off over time as they continue to sprout year after year.